Required tests for TDR Registered Dogs:
1. hip scoring through the British Veterinary Association, 0 being the best score, 106 being the worst. For Tamaskans, 19 is failing.
2. Degenerative Myelopathy (DM) through the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals or other DNA panel such as MyDogDNA or Embark.
3. DNA Parentage test through GeneSeek (formerly Scidera / Neogen)
4. CAER test through Orthopedic Foundation for Animals
5. elbow scoring though the British Veterinary Association, 0 being perfect, 3 being the worst. For Tamaskans, elbows must be 0. Elbows were not required for breeding dogs until 2014.
Links to eye results (only one eye exam is required by the TDR, but we test yearly), and other OFA testing:
*needs tested - we will do this testing once hip testing has been done and passed.
**retired. This dog is spayed and now lives with us as our pet.
Elbows were not required testing until after 2014.
Freyja had her final eye exam at age 9, clearing her for juvenile cataracts.
*Official copies are available upon request. Copies are provided to all puppy buyers.*